- Angel Trains smoothly migrated multiple Oracle systems to Claremont Cloud, a UK based Cloud hosting environment. Recognised for providing agility, scalability, as well as the highest security.
- They benefited from a secure Cloud hosting environment, agile and proactive including tailored support from an expert team of consultants.
- Angel Trains immediately saw an improved response in Incident resolution times, system availability and storage performance.
- They have assured Oracle licensing compliance with reduced hosting and support costs.
"Claremont’s proactive and personal approach helped make the initial transition as smooth as possible but just as importantly, we’re highly satisfied with their service and ongoing support".
Head of IT Services, Angel Trains Limited
Imagine your Oracle systems are hosted and supported via an offshore provider and you have limited access to your own systems. This is the challenge that Angel Trains faced with a wide variety of Oracle Technology.
Find out how Claremont successfully migrated their system, ensuring a risk- and hassle-free environment.
Angel Trains supplies major train operating companies with the vehicles they need to run their services. They own over 4,321 vehicles, 34% of the nation’s rail stock, to carry 1.6 million passengers every day across the UK rail network.
The company has a vast amount of data it needs to manage and uses Oracle BI Applications, Oracle Data Integrator (“ODI”) and Hyperion to aggregate and report on business critical information. Angel Trains also depends on Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its complex financial processes.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGES
Angel Trains had always hosted its Oracle technology with a major Oracle hosting provider but were dissatisfied with the impersonal, unresponsive and increasingly expensive service.
The business had limited access to its own Oracle systems, which made it difficult to manage them effectively. Collaborating with the hosting partner was also challenging since both their service and delivery teams were based offshore.
Angel Trains was eager to work with an approachable, more flexible hosting provider who could respond to and resolve issues much more quickly.
Since Angel Trains had a wide variety of Oracle technology that would need to be migrated and supported, it was vital that they work with an experienced partner with genuine Oracle expertise. Security was also key. The business needed to transfer all of its systems across into a secure, but scalable, environment – risk and hassle free.
Claremont was selected for our personal approach to delivery, proven quality of service and competitive price. Recognised for providing agility, scalability, as well as the highest security, it was decided that Claremont Cloud would be the best new hosting environment for the business.
Claremont Cloud is unique: an Oracle-powered Cloud platform, built using Oracle VM and Oracle Linux to deliver a pure Oracle stack, wholly delivered from UK data centres within a true Managed Services framework. This provided the perfect platform on which Angel Trains could run all of its many Oracle applications – making its systems much easier to access and manage. Our UK data centres and UK-based consultants and Service Managers also appealed to Angel Trains who were looking to work with a local Cloud hosting service team.
Claremont’s well-established migration methodology and rigorous frameworks were employed to transition each of the business’ Oracle systems to Claremont’s Cloud hosting.
First we took exact copies of the existing systems and kept them synchronised during the migration project. After performing several rounds of stringent testing–in collaboration with Angel Trains–we migrated each of the systems to the Claremont Cloud.
Moving multiple business critical systems at once is a complex process that requires meticulous planning, testing and execution. But rigour must also be met with agility
The project inevitably evolved throughout its life-cycle. Goal posts were shifted and requirements changed, but Claremont always responded quickly, proactively and shaped our strategy accordingly.
Having transitioned the systems to Claremont Cloud in May 2016, we now provide Angel Trains with a hands-on hosting and support service for Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle BI Applications, ODI and Hyperion. In addition to Oracle DBA & technology support, we also provide Oracle E-Business Suite functional and technical support.
THE BUSINESS BENEFITS
Angel Trains now benefit from a secure Cloud hosting environment, with accessible UK-based data centres, and agile and proactive support from an expert team of consultants. Since engaging Claremont, Angel Trains has gained:
A protected, UK-based Cloud hosting environment built on a pure Oracle platform
Comprehensive and experienced support for its Oracle technology
- Improved incident resolution times, system availability and storage performance
- All services are backed by meaningful SLAs, including guaranteed incident resolution times
Greater visibility and control
- Accessible UK data centres
Enhanced data and systems security
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance, including regular proactive security patching of Oracle components
- Ensured Oracle licensing compliance
High-quality personal service
- Proactive support and service management delivered by Oracle specialists
- Reliable service team that know the business well: the Project Manager and lead consultant on the transition project now act as Service Manager and primary support consultant for Angel Trains
- 24/7 UK-based service desk
- Monthly reporting and on-site service reviews
Cost efficiency and flexibility
- Reduced hosting and support costs
- Flexible cost-efficient model for Call-Off around Oracle E-Business Suite functional and technical support
Take a look at our other Case Studies
Claremont partnered with King's College London to migrate its Oracle databases from an end of life system. Claremont provided experienced Oracle Database Administrators across HR and Payroll stabilising and proactively managing the system while reducing their costs.
Following a business acquisition, an organisation which provides electronic payment solutions across Europe, was de-merged and became a corporation in its own right. The organisation had always used Oracle E-Business Suite for managing its Financials, Supply Chain, Procurement and HR, so it made sense for the organisation to stay with Oracle in order to preserve its business history and continue with current processes. Find out how Claremont assisted the organisation with the transition of the Oracle systems to its Claremont Cloud for hosting and support.
Get greater visibility and control of your Cloud, fill in the form below or give us a call.