We are looking for a Service Manager to join Claremont’s Managed Service practice and deliver all aspects of Service Management to our customers.
This is a Service Management role within our Managed Services practice. It is a varied role that includes managing relationships, communications and expectations with our Managed Services customers as well as handling customers’ service escalations and reporting on service delivery. There is also a commercial element supporting sales in each account and managing the sales process for sales resulting from Managed Service delivery.
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, they will either be home-based or work from our Guildford office. Some client site visits will be required. Full expenses are paid for travel associated with such visits.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working as a Service Manager or in similar roles with demonstrable experience managing customers and using the professional and personal skills described below.
- Previous experience of working within a support services environment, underpinned by ITIL-based working practices. The candidate should ideally be certified at Foundation level for ITIL, but training to support this will be provided if a candidate can demonstrate understanding of the principles.
- Oracle experience is not essential but any experience with Oracle Managed Services will be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience of the pressures of managing customers in a services business, an ability to multitask and co-ordinate activities /escalations, and the ability to work with difficult customers.
- Ability to deliver regular service reporting activities, i.e. working with delivery resources and Claremont’s Service Desk to generate and deliver the regular service review meetings (including organising and delivering such meetings, capturing minutes and managing meeting actions) and service reports.
- While Claremont uses dedicated Project Managers for the delivery of large projects, the successful candidate will have a proven ability to manage the delivery of work packages, for example customers’ transitions to a new Managed Service or discrete changes.
- This is a client-facing role and requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of customers, manage customers’ expectations and handle escalations.
- While this is primarily not a sales or commercial role, and our larger customers have dedicated Account Managers, the Service Manager must be comfortable supporting the commercial administration of Managed Service agreements, e.g. discussing the cost of service variations, agreeing and obtaining signed contracts, and securing purchase orders.
- Experience of, and desire to, maintain and improve the delivery of services to customers.
- Experience of the ServiceNow Service desk solution is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent all-round computer systems competence, and especially for Microsoft Office, to support the Service Manager’s day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and results-focused.
- A “can do” attitude with a desire to deliver excellent results for customers.
- Self-confidence in all aspects of dealing with colleagues and customers.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire and ability to work accurately.
- Proven ability to operate effectively individually and within a team.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple on-going activities and plan and deliver meetings and calls effectively.
We offer a fantastic package including an excellent basic salary (plus overtime for out-of-hours working) and a range of benefits which include:
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Contributory and employer-matched pension scheme.
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and permanent health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave.
Claremont is one of the largest independent services organisations in the UK focussed on Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Applications Cloud. We provide Oracle professional services to UK FTSE 250 companies who need trusted advisors to help them meet the dual challenges of on-premise system optimisation and digitisation of their businesses. Through our expert industry knowledge, Claremont provides quality solutions that deliver a return on investment because we are the only ones who have the capability to support customers on their entire Oracle journey, the flexibility and agility to understand and meet each organisation’s unique requirements and a focus on delivery excellence.
Claremont has an established Managed Services practice delivering a wide range of Oracle support services to our customers. We are looking to recruit an excellent Service Manager, ideally someone who has fulfilled Service Management roles, to become a permanent part of our Managed Services team.