Service Desk Consultant / Junior Service Manager
We are looking for an experienced Service Desk consultant who can also work as a Junior Service Manger to provide Service Management for a number of our customers.
This is a Managed Services role within our Service Management team, and within our Delivery Management capability. The role will be based from our Guildford office with occasional client site visits also being required.
The successful candidate will have two primary responsibilities. Firstly, they will be a member of the Claremont Service Desk team providing first-line support to Claremont customers. Additionally, they will have direct service management responsibility for a number of Claremont’s smaller customers and also assist other Claremont service managers, for example in the production of their monthly reports.
Experience and Skills
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience working as a Service Desk consultant, preferably with experience of working with ServiceNow Service Desk systems.
- Ability to operate as a client-facing Service Manager and a support resource for other Service Managers and delivery consultants within Claremont. This requires the ability to run and support service reviews, including producing reports, capturing minutes and action management.
- Experience of overseeing the efficient and timely administration and progression of incidents, problems and changes assigned to Claremont’s Service Desk.
- Previous experience of working within a support environment, underpinned by ITIL-based working practices. The candidate should ideally be certified at Foundation level for ITIL, but training to support this will be provided if a candidate can demonstrate understanding of the principles.
- Oracle experience is not essential but any experience with Oracle Managed Services will be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience of the pressures of a Service Desk role, with an ability to multitask, co-ordinate activities and be the first point of escalation for (potentially difficult) customers.
- General computer systems competence and specific Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, to provide management support e.g. producing service reports, aggregating service performance statistics, updating internal systems.
Self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and results focused.
A can-do attitude.
A strong attention to detail and a drive to obtain information and updates from clients and colleagues.
Can operate effectively both individually and with a team.
Exceptional communication skills, helping to maintain excellent relationships with our customers and ensure issues can be resolved effectively.
Outstanding time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple on-going activities.
You must live within commutable distance from Guildford.
Ability to fulfil working hours of 9am till 6pm.
- We offer a fantastic package including an excellent basic salary and a range of benefits which include:
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Bonus scheme.
- Contributory and Employer Matched Pension Scheme.
- Private Health Care.
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Permanent Health Insurance.
- 25 days annual leave.
Claremont is one of the largest independent services organisations in the UK focussed on Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Applications Cloud. We provide Oracle professional services to UK FTSE 250 companies who need trusted advisors to help them meet the dual challenges of on-premise system optimisation and digitisation of their businesses. Through our expert industry knowledge, Claremont provides quality solutions that deliver a return on investment because we are the only ones who have the capability to support customers on their entire Oracle journey, the flexibility and agility to understand and meet each organisation’s unique requirements and a focus on delivery excellence.
Claremont has an established Managed Services practice delivering a wide range of Oracle support services to our customers. We are looking to recruit an excellent Service Manager, ideally someone who has fulfilled Service Management roles, to become a permanent part of our Managed Services team.