Claremont is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Claremont may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from and last updated May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For our own legitimate interests in
- Maintaining our own records and databases; and
- Monitoring use of our products and services to ensure usage is in accordance with our terms and conditions of use
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To fulfil our contract with you or your employer to provide you with services you have requested, and in particular;
- to issue credentials, including passwords to allow you to access and operate your account
- to contact you about your subscription and to provide customer support services to you;
- to carry out credit checks, to invoice you or your employer for any services you subscribe to and to collect payments due.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or email us
Claremont is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, and our registration number is Z3431239.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us that you do not want to receive promotional material.
The safeguards we have put in place to ensure that our contractors and other third parties keep your personal data secure and confidential and use it only as authorised by us are as follows;
- We require all third parties to whom we disclose personal data to enter into a contract with us that includes confidentiality obligations;
- We carry out such due diligence as is reasonably necessary in relation to the technical and organisation measures used by our suppliers to ensure that personal data is processed securely.
- We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that personal data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit privacyshield.gov.
Prior to disclosing any personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Claremont will hold your personal data for 5 years after the last time you have provided any updates to your data.
After that time, unless there is a need to retain that data for purposes connected with protecting our interests or those of third parties we will erase all data other than that needed to comply with our statutory obligations.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data, which Claremont will respond to requests against in a prompt fashion;
- our use of your email address for marketing purposes is subject to your consent and you have the right at any time to withdraw that consent at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You may also have the right to data portability.
- If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Claremont, Rotterdam House, 116 Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, NE1 3DY.
We’re committed to ensuring our website is easy to use for as many people as possible. Below are some details on how we aim to achieve this accessibility.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) publishes a set of guidelines for making web content more accessible to persons with disabilities known as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). According to how accessible a website is, the WCAG gives a rating of A, AA, or AAA, where A is the least accessible and AAA is the most accessible. Our aim is for all of our pages to conform to AA standard. We also aim to meet as many requirements of the AAA standard as possible. If you believe we could make any changes to make the website more accessible then please contact us.
Cross browser testing
We recognise that not all visitors to our website use the same web browser, operating system and hardware, so our website has been tested across a range of different browsers and on both Mac and PC computers. This testing ensures that as many people as possible experience the website as intended. If you have discovered a problem with the website then please contact us with details of the problem and the browser and operating system you are using and we’ll see if we can fix it.
Terms and conditions of website usage
The term “Claremont” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Rotterdam House, 116 Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3DY. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Claremont is a trading name of Premiertec Consulting Ltd. Company Number 5294592
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Claremont’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Claremont” and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Claremont”. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Claremont” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Our website uses a number of cookies. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer to allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. This helps to provide you with the best experience when you browse our website.
The cookies we use are either:
- Cookies that allow us to recognise when visitors return to the website
- Cookies that make it easier for you to log in and out of the website
- Cookies that store your website preferences
A cookie does not gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. None of the information can be accessed by third parties.
Your cookie preferences
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also specify your preferences for the Claremont website below:
Your current preference is that cookies are enabled, click here to toggle this setting.
Cookies used by this website
See below for more information on the individual cookies we use:
- Name: COOKIE-OPTION
Description: This is required to store your cookie preferences as set on this page.
- Name: GEO
Description: If you allow the website to know your location, this cookie stores the information so you will not be asked again for the next 30 days.
- Name: #-VB4
Description: This cookie determines whether you are a new or returning visitor.
- Names: PHPSESSID, SS_ID, SS_SS_ID, UID, USERNAME, LOGIN_AUTH
Description: These cookies contain data which allows you to remain logged in between visits.