Oracle E-Business Suite DBA
We are looking for an Oracle E-Business Suite DBA to join Claremont’s Managed Service practice and deliver all aspects of Oracle E-Business Suite DBA and Oracle DBA services to our customers.
Claremont welcomes applications from any suitably skilled candidate. However, candidates must already have all required permissions to reside and work in the UK on a permanent basis. Claremont will not consider applications from candidates who may require us to support an application or renewal for permission to reside or work in the UK, either now or in the future.
We wish to recruit an Oracle Applications DBA to become a permanent part of the DBA team within our Managed Services practice. At Claremont, our people are very important and to recruit the best we offer the opportunity to develop a consultant’s career within a high calibre team, an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work with high-profile clients and challenging Oracle systems.
We are looking for an experienced Oracle DBA with the right skills and a proactive attitude, including exposure to Oracle E-Business Suite, who is looking for an opportunity to grow and develop within a company like ours. The role is primarily to support our Managed Services customers, however that entails the delivery of a significant amount of complex support and change work and the opportunity to work on larger scale consulting projects. Participation in our out-of-hours on-call support rota and a willingness to deliver out-of-hours production changes is required. Such activities are shared equally by our Oracle DA team.
It is expected that the role will be based from our Guildford office, however there is some flexibility in this. Occasional client site visits will be required. Full expenses are paid for travel and accommodation associated with such visits.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience working as an Oracle E-Business Suite DBA, including delivery of: reactive support; proactive support and maintenance; patching; cloning; upgrades; and support for the implementation of new Oracle E-Business Suite functionality.
- Strong core Oracle DBA skills, including performance tuning and RMAN.
- Strong customer-facing skills, an ability to handle the pressures of delivering Oracle support in a services business, an ability to multitask and an ability to work with and for multiple clients on a daily basis.
- This is a client-facing role and requires the ability to build and maintain good relationships with a wide variety of customers.
- Excellent all-round computer systems competence, including Microsoft Office, to support the consultant’s day-to-day activities.
It is desirable, but not mandatory, that candidates have some of the following skills to support their work as an Oracle DBA:
- Previous experience of working within a support services environment, underpinned by ITIL-based working practices. The candidate would ideally be certified at Foundation level for ITIL, but training to achieve this will be provided if required.
- Any knowledge of Oracle products beyond the database including, for example: Oracle Middleware and Identity Management products; Data Guard; and RAC.
- Linux and/or Windows system administration knowledge.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies and principles, for example Oracle VM.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and results-focused.
- A “can do” attitude with a desire to deliver excellent results for customers, for example proactively recommending changes to prevent database issues or make system improvements.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire and ability to work accurately.
- Proven ability to operate effectively individually and within a team.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills and the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to work from home without low-level management or supervision by our Oracle DBA Team Leader.
- Ideally the successful candidate will live within commutable distance from Guildford, but this is not mandatory.
We offer a fantastic package including an excellent basic salary (plus overtime for out-of-hours working) and a range of benefits which include:
- Salary is dependent on experience.
- Contributory and employer-matched pension scheme.
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and permanent health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave.
Claremont is one of the largest independent services organizations in the UK focussed on Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Applications Cloud. We provide Oracle professional services to UK FTSE 250 companies who need trusted advisors to help them meet the dual challenges of on-premise system optimisation and digitisation of their businesses. Through our expert industry knowledge, Claremont provides quality solutions that deliver a return on investment because we are the only ones who have the capability to support customers on their entire Oracle journey, the flexibility and agility to understand and meet each organisation’s unique requirements and a focus on delivery excellence.
Claremont has an established Managed Services practice delivering a wide range of Oracle support services to our customers. We are looking to recruit an excellent Oracle E-Business Suite DBA to become a permanent part of our Managed Services team.