Does your organisation need to upgrade Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) to R12.2?
Did You Know?
If you don’t update your EBS system to R12.2 by 31st December 2021, you’ll lose Oracle Premier Support. Did you also know that Claremont offers a support service that helps companies bridge the gap beyond the end of 2021?
EBS Roadmap 2032
Firstly, the line has been drawn and Premier Support for Oracle EBS R12.1 Support is coming to an end soon. From 1st January 2022, EBS R12.1 moves to Sustaining Support, and Oracle will no longer provide new fixes and security updates, even if Oracle support fees are still paid.
Version R12.2 represents a significant milestone for Oracle E-Business Suite, with a completely re-designed interface and new features such as Enterprise Command Centers and online patching.
Along with the R12.2 EBS upgrade comes a long-term roadmap with Oracle ensuring continuous innovation, development, and support till at least 2032. As well as the cost of maintaining EBS being reduced, patch-based updates will be a continuing feature, with major upgrades being consigned to history.
Claremont has successfully engaged on many EBS R12.1 to R12.2 upgrades with our customers. Typically these projects take 6 months to complete. However, by leveraging our experience and proven methodology, many customers have found that these are not as costly as they first imagined.
So what happens if you are unable to complete your EBS upgrade before December 31st 2021?
Some organisations have not yet started their upgrade project. Given that the support deadline is looming, and an upgrade project takes 6+ months to complete, there’s a need for all to avoid gaps in support services for their business systems.
For these organisations, Claremont provides an Oracle EBS R12.1 support gap solution, 4th Line Support, with the ability to upgrade beyond 2021.
Claremont has delivered award-winning comprehensive Oracle EBS Managed Services for over 10 years. This includes comprehensive support for DBA, CEMLIs, and functional services.
For customers using EBS 12.1 post-2021 without Oracle’s Sustaining Support option, we’ll deliver a subset of that service benefitting from ITIL based processes, a 24/7 Service Desk, Service Management and comprehensive SLAs, all wrapped up in a bespoke Managed Services bundle.
By taking up Claremont’s 4th Line Support from January 2022, we’ll cover you for all severities of Incident relating to customisations; performance issues; data corruption; integrations; standard BI Publisher & Oracle reports output; security updates; and product fixes for Oracle EBS 12.1.3 and the underlying technology stack.
And when you’re ready, we’ll help you smoothly transition onto Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.
- Organisations retain access to full EBS support for R12.1 and will also have the ability to upgrade beyond 2021.
- Investment in a R12.2 upgrade can be avoided or delayed.
- No time limits on R12.1 support – organisations may remain on R12.1 indefinitely.
- All core EBS modules supported.
- Support delivered via a proven Managed Service framework backed by meaningful SLAs.
- Flexibly combine with any of Claremont’s other EBS Managed Services.
- Optionally, benefit from an alternative to Oracle’s Support for any version of EBS.
- We save our clients’ money. On average, clients save 51% when they move to Claremont’s Oracle Managed Service.
- We provide a better service. Over the last 12 months, our customers rated us as Excellent (“exceeded expectations and definitely recommend”) in monthly reviews.
- Clients see increasing business benefits from their systems.
- Helping you move to a positive Oracle E-Business Suite Future.
- We understand that upgrading your Oracle E Business Suite can seem difficult. Claremont’s “road map to a positive Oracle future”, takes away that hassle and risk.
Choosing the Right Managed Services Provider