Many E-Business clients are considering an Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2. This is due to primary support expiring in December 2021. EBS 12.2 has several major technical enhancements but little has been said about the functionality. Geoff Pitcher is Claremont’s HCM Functional Consultant and has delved into what is different for HCM users, with much more than expected.
12.2 HCM Functionality Overview
- Self Service pages adopt a Cloud style look and feel
- Professional Forms look and feel remain unchanged
- Additional HCM functionality delivered over progressive RUP releases
- Enterprise Command Centres
- Technology changes supporting a significant reduction in system downtime
All these bugs had gone unnoticed and produced unnecessary load on the system and the backups. The resulting fix was so significant I had to double-check the database was still in archive log mode to believe it! End result, one happy customer with emails processing faster than ever, and SOA transactions going more smoothly. Not to mention one happy DBA team managing the backups!