- Arqiva’s Oracle E-Business payroll system was transitioned to Claremont’s hosting platform seamlessly and in record time due to the existing solution being decommissioned within a 2-3 month period.
- Arqiva receives fully comprehensive, payroll outsource and functional support services, on top of technical and DBA support. By testing upgrades and applying the latest patches, Claremont offers first-hand, practical advice and guidance to Arqiva to ensure its business-critical applications are always optimised.
- Pro-active advice from Claremont’s HCM experts ensure that changes and upgrades are applied in the best way for the business. Payroll is kept optimised and up to date in line with legislation and upgrades to Oracle HCM technology.
"Claremont worked with us to proactively design new payroll processes to support both legislative and business change. To date they have delivered a great service and knowing they are contactable whenever I need them gives me genuine peace of mind during busy payroll periods."
MCIPP dip Payroll and People Administration Manager, Arqiva
Arqiva a leading UK communications infrastructure company using Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) to manage its payroll for employees and pensioners.
Arqiva is a leading UK communications infrastructure company enabling a vibrant digital economy. It operates behind the scenes and is central to millions of vital connections.
Every day, Arqiva infrastructure and associated services enable millions of people and machines to connect wherever they are through TV, radio and the Internet of Things (IoT). Arqiva is an independent provider of telecom towers, with more than 8,000 active sites, and the only national provider of terrestrial television and radio broadcasting.
Arqiva has used Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) to manage its payroll for a number of years. The business depends on the solution to pay its many employees and pensioners each month.
THE BUSINESS CHALLENGE
Arqiva’s existing managed service contract was ending imminently, and the business needed a provider who could offer a Payroll outsource service – including payslip printing, BACS and HMRC submissions – in addition to EBS managed services.
Payroll is both business-critical and ever-changing. It is important to work with a trustworthy partner, with proven HCM outsource expertise, to help keep up with ongoing legislative changes to payroll.
Claremont were selected for our approachable, highly skilled team of Oracle HCM experts, and hands-on approach to service delivery and support. We deliver a fix on fail service, with an incident resolution SLA.
In addition, we proactively advise Arqiva of upcoming changes within payroll and provide best-practice guidance and support on how they can be made within the Oracle system. The transition project to Claremont’s hosting happened seamlessly and extremely quickly, using our robust migration methodology. Since the existing solution was being decommissioned in 2-3 months, the team at Claremont had to work fast.
First we created the shadow instance of Arqiva’s system, and kept it synchronised throughout the project’s short lifecycle. Working closely with Arqiva, we performed multiple rounds of rigorous testing, and the new system went live, on Claremont’s hosting environment, in record time.
Claremont not only supplies Arqiva with hosting services, we provide fully comprehensive, payroll outsource and functional support services, on top of technical and DBA support. By testing upgrades and applying the latest patches, we offer first-hand, practical advice and guidance to Arqiva to ensure its business-critical applications are always kept optimised.
THE BUSINESS BENEFITS
- Low impact, quick migration to a secure UK-based hosting environment.
- A complete outsource service in which Claremont owns the business and support functions but the customer retains visibility and control.
- Pro-active advice from Claremont’s HCM experts to ensure that changes and upgrades are applied in the best way for the business.
- Payroll is kept optimised and up to date with the latest changes in legislation and upgrades to Oracle HCM technology.
- High quality functional, DBA and technical support means that any issues are fixed quickly.
- Attentive, approachable, trustworthy service team that regularly spend time on site.
WHAT'S NEXT FOR ARQIVA AND CLAREMONT?
- Our extensive Oracle payroll and HR knowledge allowed us to stabilise the system and deliver considerable savings.
- First class Managed Services with guaranteed incident response and resolution times.
- We build proactive long term partnerships with clients.
Take a look at our other Case Studies
Unite Students is the UK’s leading manager and developer of student accommodation. Unite Students chose to work with Claremont to deliver the first stage of their Employee and Manager Self-Service project. This was part of a wider strategic programme that involved the expansion of Oracle’s R12 E-Business Suite to support a number of key business processes to provide self-service functionality to employees and managers with the ambition of providing the capability to manage much of the employee data at source. Read more here.
Claremont seamlessly migrated PPL from their previous Tier 1 Oracle hosting provider to Claremont’s own Hosting environment. This included Managed Services for all DBA activities, patching, upgrades, back-ups and first-line product support. PPL moved due to slow, inflexible and costly service. This move helped PPL to save half a million pounds over three years and receive more responsive service. Click here to find out more.
If you are looking for an Oracle partner who can help you with your Managed Services, fill in the form below or give us a call.