- Home Group has entered a new 3-year agreement with Claremont to provide Oracle E-Business Managed Services.
- The agreement includes the provision of fix-on-fail support and the ability to undertake small change work to support the evolution of the Oracle solution to meet new business requirements.
- The relationship with Claremont provides broad and deep expertise to back up Home Group’s Oracle team, and ensure that Home Group maximises its investment in Oracle.
"We chose Claremont as they help and encourage in-house learning which strengthens our team. They also provide a very flexible model which has saved us a lot of money which can then be re-invested back into our business to help our end-customers."
Kelly Lord, IS Supplier Relationship Manager
Home Group has forged a collaborative long-term relationship with Claremont effectively acting as an extension to the in-house team. With Claremont’s expert help, Home Group has been able to ensure the smooth running of key business processes and also make enhancements to solutions when required to meet business or legislative requirements.
Home Group implemented Oracle E-Business to underpin their Finance, Procurement, HR and Payroll processes in 2016-17, delivering significant savings to the organisation in the form of process efficiencies.
That solution has now bedded in and they have a strong internal team that provide business as usual support and necessary enhancements in response to evolving business requirements.
There is a need to have a specialist Oracle E-Business Managed Services Provider (MSP) on hand to assist with more complex issues, CEMLI support, development activity and to provide best practice and “How To” guidance.
Home Group wanted to find a partner who not only has the necessary breadth of Oracle E-Business expertise, and were proactive in solving problems, but also work in genuine partnership to ensure the effective transfer of knowledge to the internal team.
Claremont initially engaged with Home Group in 2018 to review their use of Oracle Learning Management. A number of recommendations were made by Claremont, which were subsequently implemented.
In early 2019, the Claremont team were engaged to deliver functional and technical support on an interim basis, including the provision of advice and guidance around the Tax Year End process, drawing on Claremont’s extensive experience in this area.
At the same time, Claremont were engaged to undertake some changes to Home Group’s front-line case management mobile solution, in order to deliver some business improvements. Following a formal tender process, Claremont was awarded a 3-year contract in July 2020 to continue the successful business relationship providing functional and technical support of Oracle E-Business.
The Managed Service provides fix-on-fail support through our Incident Management process, providing response and resolution SLAs. The service also allows for Problem Management to address the root causes of Incidents. Service Requests ensure that, amongst other things, the Claremont team is on hand to answer those “how to” type questions.
The service is also designed to allow the delivery of “small change” work so that the solution can be continually enhanced to meet evolving business and legislative requirements.
Included in the scope of the support agreement are the following functional and technical activities:
- Functional configuration and process enhancement experience across the Oracle E-Business modules of Financials, Procurement, Projects, Assets, HCM, OLM, Payroll and Compensation Workbench.
- Payroll support including end of year patching (RUP and TYE) as well as supporting existing and the development of new Payroll Elements and Fast Formulae.
- Enhancements to and creation of new front end screens to provide enhanced functionality, using EBS known methods (Oracle Forms, OAF, custom pll) or develop new screens using OAF, Forms or Apex to seamlessly integrate with Oracle EBS.
- Customisations to back end and integration objects such as changes to and addition of workflow and database side object including triggers and packages/procedures/functions to perform custom functionality.
- Customisation of typical output documents for BACS, Invoices, Purchase Orders, Remittance Advices and the creation of additional E-Business reports using BI Publisher.
- The creation of interfaces to/from third party solutions such as invoice scanning, etc systems to import and export data.
- Streamline business processes and make most of Oracle E-Business Suite out of the box functionality.
- Knowledge transfer of functional and technical expertise to a less experienced Oracle E-Business Suite audience.
BENEFITS & LONG-TERM GOALS
- Home Group has forged a collaborative long-term relationship with an expert Oracle MSP, with Claremont effectively acting as an extension to the in-house team.
- With Claremont’s expert help, Home Group has been able both to ensure the smooth running of key business processes, but also to make enhancements to the solution when required to meet business or legislative requirements.
- Through our engagement with Home Group, Claremont, who are headquartered in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, have actively participated in the North East User Forum, sharing Oracle knowledge and ideas with locally based organisations.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- Unrivalled expertise, ensuring not only that Incidents raised can be efficiently dealt with, but that Problems are proactively identified and resolved.
- A passion for delivery excellence, borne out by exemplary customer satisfaction scores.
- A collaborative engagement approach ensuring knowledge transfer to the internal Home Group support team.
Take a look at our other Case Studies
Unite Students is the UK’s leading manager and developer of student accommodation. Unite Students chose to work with Claremont to deliver the first stage of their Employee and Manager Self-Service project. This was part of a wider strategic programme that involved the expansion of Oracle’s R12 E-Business Suite to support a number of key business processes to provide self-service functionality to employees and managers with the ambition of providing the capability to manage much of the employee data at source.
The National Trust (NT) uses Oracle E-Business as their CRM System in order to manage the transactions with their members. The solution consists of Finance, Supply Chain and CRM modules. NT required DBA & Hosting services for the CRM System as well as technical and functional support to clear a backlog of incidents, problems and changes. Claremont improved performance reduced licencing costs as well as many other benefits.
Get greater visibility and control of your Finance, Procurement, HR and Payroll, fill in the form below or give us a call.